I'm quite afraid that I might take this hobby with me to college, so I'm really trying to work on my body clock, as well as my mind and all the other parts. I'm trying to get them to work with each other. To get them to work with me. Sometimes I wish I had Princess Mia's, or should I say, Queen Mia's life from Princess Diaries, simply because a queen is never late. Figures. I'll get there soon.
I figured this day couldn't get any worse, as I realized my CAT pants were still wet. I was left with no choice but to wear CAT shorts instead. I missed the first subject, and was late for the second subject, English. I'm awesome, I know. NOT. So the moment I entered the room, a lot of people were standing and talking in front of the class. Seconds later, I realized they were having a debate, so it got me like "oh."
Just then, a couple of my classmates turned to me and said, "we need you! We need somebody who's good at this. You be the third speaker, okay?"
Because I was dazed by it all, all I managed to say was, "wha—?"
I honestly didn't know what was going on, but I'm glad I got to catch up. Thank you, classmates. Apparently my team was on the affirmative side on the statement "Don Quixote is insane," which was pretty cool, since he really was insane, and we didn't have to put so much effort compared to the opposing team. They coached me, told me things I should say, and pretty soon I heard our teacher call on the next speaker.
I walked towards the front of the class, faced the other team, and introduced myself. I caught a glimpse of Ma'am Regine smiling. There was something about that smile, I'm sure. My team cheered me on, and then I started talking. I was kind of disappointed though, because I failed to tell everything I had in mind. That's sort of a thing: I have a lot of ideas in my mind but when I speak it comes out crooked, broken, like, there are a lot of missing pieces. I really need to work on that, and work on that I will.
After the debate (which by the way i'm pretty confident we won), Ma'am Regine approached me and said, "Grabe si Pia! Naabot pala salang dayun! Grabe, bilib ak!" I thanked her, told her it was for the good of the group and that it was a team effort. So that's what the smile was for, I thought.
Jhery Mae had to go home after the graded recitation in Math, to which I willingly escorted her outside. When I got back, I finally saw her. Really, everyday she's all I ever search for. The moment I see her, even just a glimpse of her or even just a part of her, my day automatically becomes complete.
This time, I even got to talk to her even for a little while. I knew I wasn't going to be able to let her spill out the details of her new guy, because it wasn't the right time and place. We needed more than an hour to be able to talk about everything. I didn't want to force her out of it. I'm gonna have to wait for the right time, and I'm pretty confident it'll be soon. I hope it will.
After talking to her, I went home. I made (crammed) my projects in Music and Economics. I also went to town to buy a new polo shirt for our CAT dismissal. I hesitated at first, thinking about how much time I'm going to waste (because A and I are supposed to talk!) But I needed to, otherwise my points will decrease. Oh, the sacrifices I have to make for a minor subject. What fun.
Surprisingly, CAT was so much fun. We practiced drills, which was the very thing I was waiting for MY WHOLE LIFE, and we got to learn a lot of things! If only learning could be this fun. The drills that were taught to us were the Filipino version, which was pretty cool since we aren't really much acquainted with Filipino drills and commands. Some of the things I learned were the harap-harapan, pugay-kamay, paglakad, pultong-hinto, and other basic commands. During dismissal, the officers were so proud of us because we improved quite a lot, considering this was the first time they taught us drills. We had no idea what to do before, and after today, it was like we went home as a changed man. That's so melodramatic, but whatever. Kudos, mga kadete!
After dismissal, Ianna and I went to buy shake at Mana Mila's, as a reward and as a treat for myself because I was kinda sorta disappointed that A and I didn't get to talk. Man, senior year sure is a busy year, huh?