I was sitting in the toilet, wondering about things that make no sense at all and thinking about my life, all while trying to figure out what to do with all the trouble I’m in. It’s been such a long time since I’ve had my whole life in my hands. I miss being on top of things. I miss having everything under control. I miss being at peace with my life and myself.
The phone vibrated. I got a text from Krizza. “Where are you?” It read.
“Adi pa balay,” I replied.
“Aw. Kay hulaton ko kunta ikaw. Adi pala ak sa may Elementary.”
I hesitated for a while. I looked down at my body and decided that it would probably still take me a while longer until I finish getting ready. “Sige, hulata nala ak. Dali la.” I lied. I hope she didn’t really think I’d be there in minutes. I mean, no one really believes in that anymore, right?
“Sirado na an door, di na pwede sumulod. I’m a gate,” Krizza texted me again.
“Sige, thank you. Dali la, promise.” NOT.
It took me quite a bit longer than I had expected. So, I’m pretty much sure Krizza has lost it by now. Let’s hope not. I marched through the rain because I didn’t have a choice. I needed to be in school. I took a pedicab to school, and when I arrived, the first person I saw was Krizza. My other classmates were there, too. There were about ten of them. Heh, latecomers. Go figure.
“Wow ha,” Krizza exclaimed.
I laughed. “I know. Sorry.”
“Dali la ngay-an ha. Inabot nala sira tanan, wara ka la gihap.”
“Okay la, mahal mo man ak.”
The bell rang. We all rushed inside. Ma’am Caryl also went in with us, carrying a bunch of papers – our test papers. It turns out Ma’am Calixtro couldn’t come, so she asked the student teacher to distribute the papers and have them re-checked. Two points were added to my score, and wow, I was so happy, but when I computed it, the points didn’t make any difference to its equivalent grade. How nice. I returned my paper and went outside.
Cleo kept talking about this new series she’s been watching. There was this case she wanted us to solve, which really grinded my gears because I didn’t know the correct answer to it. Sometimes I doubt I’d ever make a good lawyer in the future because I don’t even have any background to anything. I literally do not know anything about law. And they’re pushing me to study law? Right. We kept talking, and eventually the boys and some other classmates joined in. We were having such a good time already. I don’t remember much of what happened, but I do know I was laughing that time. I turned my head to the right and there, I saw her. Standing a few feet from where I was. I waved Hi, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.
The phone vibrated. I got a text from Krizza. “Where are you?” It read.
“Adi pa balay,” I replied.
“Aw. Kay hulaton ko kunta ikaw. Adi pala ak sa may Elementary.”
I hesitated for a while. I looked down at my body and decided that it would probably still take me a while longer until I finish getting ready. “Sige, hulata nala ak. Dali la.” I lied. I hope she didn’t really think I’d be there in minutes. I mean, no one really believes in that anymore, right?
“Sirado na an door, di na pwede sumulod. I’m a gate,” Krizza texted me again.
“Sige, thank you. Dali la, promise.” NOT.
It took me quite a bit longer than I had expected. So, I’m pretty much sure Krizza has lost it by now. Let’s hope not. I marched through the rain because I didn’t have a choice. I needed to be in school. I took a pedicab to school, and when I arrived, the first person I saw was Krizza. My other classmates were there, too. There were about ten of them. Heh, latecomers. Go figure.
“Wow ha,” Krizza exclaimed.
I laughed. “I know. Sorry.”
“Dali la ngay-an ha. Inabot nala sira tanan, wara ka la gihap.”
“Okay la, mahal mo man ak.”
The bell rang. We all rushed inside. Ma’am Caryl also went in with us, carrying a bunch of papers – our test papers. It turns out Ma’am Calixtro couldn’t come, so she asked the student teacher to distribute the papers and have them re-checked. Two points were added to my score, and wow, I was so happy, but when I computed it, the points didn’t make any difference to its equivalent grade. How nice. I returned my paper and went outside.
Cleo kept talking about this new series she’s been watching. There was this case she wanted us to solve, which really grinded my gears because I didn’t know the correct answer to it. Sometimes I doubt I’d ever make a good lawyer in the future because I don’t even have any background to anything. I literally do not know anything about law. And they’re pushing me to study law? Right. We kept talking, and eventually the boys and some other classmates joined in. We were having such a good time already. I don’t remember much of what happened, but I do know I was laughing that time. I turned my head to the right and there, I saw her. Standing a few feet from where I was. I waved Hi, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.
- Hugssss
- "Ma'am, libre ka kun ni Pia taho."
- "Taahhhh!!!! ....aw, ma'am, ruyag mo?"
- "Bye ma'am! I love you!!!!"
I think it was also the day of our CAT exam, tapos naimod ko siya sa guwas, then I just HAD to make damoves, and then Ma'am Sheila treated us sa Mr. Donut d'awwww!!!!!!!